It is with absolute disgust I write this.

I want to know what my rights are in these circumstances and how I can make HTC payable for their false promises and faulty, just so that no one else gets to go through this.

I have so far spent about $215 for this and been without a phone for 5 weeks. Sending my phone back again for repairs.

in summary, HTC FAILED MISERABLY in their Customer Service at every step and in keeping up with their commitment;

1) They indicated a service fee of $90, which turned into $200

2) Their initial turnover of 10-15 business days was more like 5 WEEKS

3) They sent a phone, that would not pass basic Quality Assurance. The phone would NOT charge...wonder if QA would even exist at HTC...how on earth would someone do this and send it to customer when the basic functioning of the phone doesn’t work?

4) WHen I complained this to the supervisor, they promised to send expidited shipping label. Surprise surprise, I receive a 3 days shipping label.

5) Now I have to send the phone back and be at their mercy for God knows how long. Should I even bother sending it to them?

I want to complain against HTC,

A) for OVER CHARGING

B) failure to provide adequate services for the money charged

C) for sending me a faulty phone back.

D) for inordinate delay in this whole process (over a month)

What I want is;

REFUND of the $215 I spent on you so far

Adequate compensation for the inordinate delay in getting my phone back to working.

The guys at HTC repair are a joke/frauds...you are blood suckers, who loot people... you do not know how to perform repairs and your customer service is absolutely disgusting and pretty much a disgrace.

Here is my story. My HTC one (7) shutoff while on call and it wouldnt turn on. Contacted the customer service who advised me the process of repairs, etc.

I followed due process and what really happened was shocking to say the least.

1) They tell you the cost to be $90, repair in 5-7 business days and would send a shipping label within 24 hours (meaning shipping on them). I never received in 24 hours, so I ended up paying for OVERNIGHT shipping on my own.

2) Once the phone was received the customer support center and after about a week the phone was shipped, they came back to me and said it would cost $200 and NOT $90 as initially promised. I had no choice but to accept the charge, since I needed to get my phone up and running.

3) Next 2-3 weeks, no one contacted me or indicated to me what the status of the phone repair was. I had to check on their website periodically ,which kept saying its under repair. When I had expressed my unhappiness at a HTC survey, one of the guys contacted me and asked me why I was unhappy, etc. When I made him aware of what the issue was, he said "I will report to the corporate office for this". That was the end of story and I didnt hear anything back.

4) After nearly a month, I got the update from the website saying my phone was ready for shipping. Eventually 4-5 days later, I got the phone via UPS 3 days shipping.

5) It was shocking to say the least to see the "repaired" phone. The phone now wouldnt change. whatever the little battery life that was left, exhausted in 15 mins.

6) Called the customer service within 30 mins after I received the phone. To my dismay, they indicated it may take another 10-15 business days for shipment/repair

7) Had to talk to the supervisor, to express my unhappiness...She was adamant that they cannot change "the process" and free repair was all they can do and promised me “EXPEDITED shipping”… It turns out, they sent me a 3 days shipping not what was promised.

There is absolutely no trust left anymore with HTC.

All along, I'm left without phone for 5+ weeks

What are my rights?

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Quality check, Product reliability, Customer care.

Comments

Rudolfstetten, Aargau, Switzerland #1195455

I have the same issues with the support of HTC but not for mobile phones.

I just say: NEVER BUY HARDWARE from HTC on the HTC onlineshop. Take a local dealer (if you have to buy HTC) where you can bring the hardware if its broken.

HTC Support is not worth the name.

Follow the handle @donotbuyhtc on twitter and share such worst experience stories with the world and show how bad HTC is!